|About the venues:The powerHouse Arena:
Located at 37 Main Street in the DUMBO section of Brooklyn, the 10,200-square-foot marquee showroom and retail space is unlike any other in New York City, featuring a soaring 24-foot ceiling on the 5,000-square-foot ground floor, and an equally impressive 5,200-square-foot mezzanine, with over 175 feet of glass frontage, designed by esteemed architectural firm David Howell Design.The powerHouse Arena Skylounge:
Located on the mezzanine level, the lounge functions as a gallery, VIP area, and green room for authors.
|Past events include:
- NPR field recording - “The Ebene Quartet Powers Through Mendelssohn” (January 2013)
-Flex Is Kings Live Performance (September 2012)
-DUMBO Arts Festival after-party (September 2012)
– The National Book Awards “5 Under 35” Event (November 2009 and 2012)
- Academy of Awesome – Paul Frank event (July 2011)
- Music video shoot for Grammy Award winning multi-instrumentalist Esperanza Spalding (September 2011)
- The VIP afterparty for The Creator’s Project (October 2011)
- Jacqueline Schmidt and David Friedlander’s wedding (December 2011)
- PEN World Voices (May 2010)
- Absolut Brooklyn Launch hosted by Spike Lee (June 2010)
- Brooklyn International Film Fest Opening Night Party (June 2009)
- The New Yorker Speakeasy event (February 2009)
- The St. Ann’s Warehouse after-party for the world premier performance of Lou Reed’s Berlin (September 2008)
- The American Cancer Society’s “Eat Drink Live” Event (November 2008)
- VH1’s Hip Hop Honors Week (October 2006)
We’ve also hosted readings by the following authors: Jonathan Franzen, Al Gore, Paul Auster, T.C. Boyle, Irvine Welsh, Jonathan Franzen, Jennifer Egan, Colum McCann, Salman Rushdie, Mary Gaitskill, Nassim Taleb, Amiri Baraka, Jessica Lange, Moby, among many, many others. Previous clients also include PEN American Center, the National Book Foundation, PEN American, Nike, L Magazine, Puma, Frontline, Pepsi, Sony, Book Expo America, and NY Foundation for the Arts. In 2011, we served as the world stage for the Creators Project, a partnership between Vice and Intel that merged artists’ creative visions with high-end technologies for spectacular performances. Other groundbreaking music initiatives include the Ebene Quartet’s performance of Felix Mendelssohn’s Op. 80 (archived by NPR Music Field Recordings) and the music video shoot for Grammy award-winning multi-instrumentalist Esperanza Spalding.
The powerHouse Arena participates in Independent Booksellers of New York City, an alliance of independent bookshops working together to promote the cultural, literary, and economic benefits of shopping at New York City’s diverse collection of bookstores.
For more information, please contact: