by Ohara Hale
Children / Picture Book / Bodily Functions / Ages 2-5
6 x 6 inches
Available May 2014
In the tradition of the classic Everyone Poops, a collection of silly illustrated board books in which animals and insects demonstrate bodily noises and functions to help young kids understand and deal with them in a healthy, courteous, and appropriate way.
Sneezing, burping, farting, pooing, and peeing: basic functions that elicit all kinds of reactions from kids, ranging from hilarity to creativity to withholding—and a variety of reactions from adults, from reluctant amusement to disgust to total parental meltdown. The key to teaching the whole family how to handle these events in a positive way is to be able to talk about them. Ohara’s whimsical approach teaches kids 3 simple lessons—what these bodily functions are, why they shouldn’t cause undue
embarrassment, and how to politely and considerately deal with them.
- Who Sneezed? covers nasal mucus, nose-picking, and good nostril and hand hygiene
- Who Burped? reveals the source of these noxious emanations, and explains how to apologize politely
- Who Farted? gives the lowdown on gaseous releases, and the right way to handle them in public
- Who Peed? offers advice on peeing in the right place
- Who Pooped? provides a primer on performing on the potty
is an artist, illustrator, gig-poster maker, children’s book author, animator, director, graphic designer, textile/print and fashion designer, comic maker, art director, singer/songwriter and multi-instrumental musician. Born in Hollywood, she spent her youth dodging tornados in Missouri, her formative years in LA, and now calls Montreal home. Ohara’s first book, Mr. Pizza’s ABC /L’ABC de Monsieur Pizza
was published by la courte échelle in Canada.