Saturday Sep 08, 2018
6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
POWERHOUSE @ the Archway
28 Adams Street (Corner of Adams & Water Street @ the Archway)
Brooklyn , NY 11201
RSVP encouraged & appreciated.
Please fill out the form at the bottom of this page if you plan on attending. Facebook event found here.
PLEASE NOTE: Submitting an RSVP for this event DOES NOT guarantee entrance. This is a free-access event — entrance will be on a first-come, first-served basis.
In celebration of the Slice Literary Writers’ Conference (#SLWC18), we’ve lined up 10 literary superstars for an Exquisite Corpse unlike any you’ve ever seen (LIVE!). This event is free and open to the public.
Publishing veteran Paul Florez-Taylor and SLICE’s Randy Winston are serving as co-hosts for the event and will keep even the most unruly writers in line.
Here’s how this Exquisite Corpse game works: One author picks a sentence from a hat. The author uses that sentence to kick off a story. The next author gets the last sentence of the first author’s installment (without hearing anything that preceded it) and continues the story. And so on. The result is a story stitched together, live, right before your eyes, without any preparation.
Slice’s LIVE Exquisite Corpse will be stitched together by these writers…
- Alexander Chee, How To Write an Autobiographical Novel
- Dhonielle Clayton, The Belles
- Alcy Leyva, And Then There Were Crows
- Christine H. Lee, Tell Me Everything You Don’t Remember
- Dennis Norris II, Everyday People: The Color of Life–a Short Story Anthology
- Libby Flores, Director of Audience Engagement and Digital Project, BOMB magazine & NYC Director, the Freya Project
- Ivelisse Rodriguez, Love War Stories
- Jordy Rosenberg, Confessions of the Fox
- Rob Spillman, All Tomorrow’s Parties
- Elissa Schappell, Blueprints for Building Better Girls
And more to come!
Enjoy complimentary wine and craft beer, courtesy of Banded Brewing Co.
Bookings are closed for this event.